The Marlene & Paolo Fresco Institute Clinical Movement Disorders Fellowship program is now open for applications. This fellowship program is accepting applications on a rolling basis with applicants evaluated upon submission and qualified applicants receiving awards until the positions are filled. Successful applicants will be able to start the fellowship on or after June 1, 2021 and will receive support for clinical and research training at the Marlene and Paolo Fresco Institute for Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders at New York University Langone Health (NYULH).
Successful applicants will participate in the international fellowship program between NYULH and a funded partner institution in Italy. The fellowship includes two years of support for training, with the first year at NYULH and the second at a partner institution (nominated by the applicant) in Italy. Fellows completing the program may be eligible for further support through competitive grant opportunities offered by the Fresco Parkinson Institute in Italy.
This program is designed to support talented and motivated Italian citizens who have completed an M.D. degree and a four-year residency program in Neurology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurophysiopathology, Geriatrics or related specialties.
Clinical Fellows will enjoy competitive salaries and benefits. The accepted fellow will receive a salary commensurate with standard compensation and taxation levels between the two countries.
1. CV (NYU format)
2. A one-page cover letter including a summary of the candidate’s:
• History and commitment to a clinical or research career in Movement Disorders
• Potential to develop a successful career in Movement Disorders
• Expectations about the training to be obtained with this fellowship
3. The application must include letters of references from at least two previous or current mentors (up to four mentors) that include their respective qualifications and previous experience.
4. A copy of all degree certificate(s) with grades and clinical licensure(s)
5. Information about the center that will host you in Italy (description of the center’s overall structure and programs, ongoing research projects, mentor’s CV, etc.).
6. A one-page description of research interests/possible research proposal.