25 May The 2022 Fresco International Workshop on Synaptic Plasticity and Advances in Parkinson’s Disease
in partnership with
Angelo Quartarone, MD
M. Felice Ghilardi, MD
Mark Hallett, MD
Monica Norcini, PharmD, PhD
Andrew S. Feigin, MD
Steven J. Frucht, MD
Un Kang, MD
Monica Norcini, PharmD, PhD
Join us in Florence, Italy for the Fresco meeting on June 2022 focusing on synaptic plasticity and Parkinson’s disease. In the workshop, international experts will provide an overview of the scientific advances on different aspects of brain plasticity from bench to bedside in health and movement disorders. On the last day, NYU Langone faculty will present didactic lectures, providing an overview of advances in diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson’s disease and related disorders. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of brain function and its relevance to diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson’s disease, parkinsonisms, and movement disorders.
Endorsed by the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society, the Parkinson’s Foundation, the LIMPE-DISMOV Academy, the Italian Society for Neuroscience, and the Società Italiana di Neurofisiologia Clinica, Società Italiana di Psicofisiologia e Neuroscienze Cognitive.
After this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the mechanisms of plasticity and their relevance in the genesis and treatment of symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and parkinsonisms
- Evaluate the latest development in the deep brain stimulation treatment of Parkinson’s disease and dystonia
- Assess the use of rehabilitation techniques in parkinsonisms
- Integrate the latest technology in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with Parkinson’s disease, parkinsonisms, and other movement disorders
- Identify non-motor problems in Parkinson’s disease and determine specific treatments
- Utilize different types of testing to their full advantage and identify some of their limitations as well as benefits in assessing patients with Parkinson’s disease, parkinsonisms, and other movement disorders
- Describe the role of glia activity in inflammation in neurodegenerative disorders
- Recognize visual and speech changes associated with Parkinson’s Disease
We are accepting abstract submissions for poster presentation highlighting your research findings possible on the topic of the five sessions.
Please submit your abstract with a maximum of 250 words excluding title, authors and presenters to:
FI-NRP@nyulangone.org and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poster Dimensions: 24″ x 36″ (61 x 91 cm).
Deadline for submission: May 10th, 2022
The best abstract will be selected also for oral presentation.
The 2022 Fresco International Workshop on Synaptic Plasticity and Clinical Advances in Parkinson’s Disease, Florence, Italy, June 7th to 10th, 2022 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 20 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Total of 23 CME credits. – in process of being accredited.
Accreditation for: Physician, Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech-Language Therapist and Psychologist.
After 12 pm on May 31, 2022 only onsite registration is available, provided the meeting has not reached capacity. Onsite registrants will incur an additional $20 charge. Registration is non-transferable.