You are invited to attend a FREE two-hour interactive seminar on speech disorders and speech treatment for people with Parkinson disease (PD).
At least 89% of individuals with Parkinson disease (PD) have a speech or voice disorder which can negatively impact quality of life. Learn the importance of not waiting until voice and speech become an issue, but be preventative with early intervention.
This seminar is a wonderful opportunity for people with PD, family members and friends, and other healthcare professionals to learn more about speech and PD.
The seminar will include a 1-hour lecture presented by world experts in speech treatment for people with Parkinson disease. This lecture will be followed by an interactive session where participants with Parkinson disease are invited to interact with speech clinicians practicing vocal exercises (this is optional for participants).
This seminar is offered FREE OF CHARGE.
This presentation will:
- Present the background and motivation for voice treatment in Parkinson disease.
- Describe the creation of an efficacious treatment, LSVT LOUD and efficacy data.
- Report on unexpected outcomes and discoveries.
- Discuss application of principles of LSVT to intensive whole body amplitude-based training protocol for individuals with Parkinson disease (LSVT BIG®).
- Demonstrate innovative technology to enhance accessibility of treatment for all people with PD who can benefit.
This research was funded, in part, by the National Institutes of Health and Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Sunday, 10 Novembre 2019
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. General Presentation
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Interactive Exercise Session (Optional)
Centro Studi Ricerca e Formazione CISL
Via della Piazzuola, 71 – Firenze
For a correct progress of the lessons
the maximum number of participants foreseen for the seminar is 40 people.
For information please contact :
Fresco Parkinson Institute Italia
Tel: +39 055-598999