The LSVT LOUD® Training and Certification Course is a two-day program designed to train speech-language pathologists in a voice/speech treatment technique for adults and children with motor speech disorders, with a specialty in Parkinson disease.
The fundamentals underlying key treatment elements, efficacy data supporting treatment outcomes, details of treatment tasks, including hands-on practice, and practical considerations are taught. Application of the LSVT LOUD® treatment to pediatric and adult motor speech disorders (e.g., multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and stroke) will be discussed. The impact of LSVT LOUD® treatment on pre/post neural imaging data willbe presented.
Target audience: Speech Therapist
Moderators: Lorraine Oslo Raming , Cynthia Fox
This training is offered for:
・1.2 ASHA CEUs.
・13.0 ECM Credits
Course Code: 3391-256465
National training objective: 1 – Application in practice of the principles and procedures of Evidence Based Practice (EBM – EBN – EBP)
With the Patronage of
DAY1 : Saturday, 09 November
8:15 am – 9:00 am
- Pre-Course EXAM.
9:00 am – 10:45 am
- Introduction to the study and treatment of VOICE in neurological disorders.
- Overview of Parkinson disease.
10:45 am – 11:00 am BREAK
11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Rationale for the development of LSVT.
- Recent LSVT findings.
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm LUNCH.
1:30 pm – 3:15 pm
- LSVT LOUD METHODS (hands-on practice with other Course participants).
3:15 pm – 3:30 pm BREAK
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- LSVT LOUD Methods, continued (hands-on practice with other Course participants).
- Teaching Techniques:Model, Shape, Drive, Stabilize, Calibrate.
- Quantification of Treatment Sessions.
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Networking Reception.
DAY2 : Sunday, 10 November
8:00 am – 9:45 am
- Summary of Daily Exercises and Hierarchy.
- Hands on Participant Practice (Teaching Techniques).
9:45 am – 10:00 am BREAK
10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Follow-up Recommendations.
- Prognostic Variables and Selection Criteria.
- Assessment Measures for Parkinson disease.
- Application of the LSVT LOUD to other Neurological Disorders and Aging.
11: 30 am – 12:00 pm
- EXAM– 85% pass required for certification.
12:00 pm – 12:45 pm LUNCH.
12:45 pm – 1:00 pm
- Preparation for Interactive Voice Exercise Session.
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- “Hands-on” Interactive Voice Exercise session with Individuals with Parkinson Disease.
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Critical Treatment Considerations and Concerns.
- LSVT LOUD Future Research & Technology.
- LSVT LOUD Course Conclusions.
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- ECM questionnaire (for those who will request Italian CME)
The registration fee includes:
· LSVT LOUD® Certification
· CME Certificate
· Congress Kit
· Breakfast, Lunch and Coffee Breaks
Steps for Certification:
- Register here below for a two-day LSVT LOUD® Training and Certification
- Read and accept the Clinician Confidentiality and Practice Agreement, attendance and cancellation
- Attend the entire two-day LSVT LOUD® Training and Certification
- Complete a Certification Exam with an 85% score required to receive certification.The exam will be administered during the two-day training course. If a participant does not pass the examination, there will be an opportunity for participants to re-take the exam
The registration fee can be paid in two modalities:
1. SINGLE PAYMENT:
- 650,00 € at the time of registration
2. PAID IN INSTALLMENTS:
- Deposit of 350.00 € upon registration
- Balance of 300.00 € before October 01 2019
For those who are interested in taking the Italian ECM credit please register from the below LINK
LSVT LOUD – November 2019